1 out of every 10 person is a coffee lover. Am I right? Coffee can be really addictive and sometimes cannot be lived without. ‘Cure of laziness’, ‘Gift of heaven’ or even romantic signs as common myths of coffee. But has anyone gone through the scientific pros and cons of coffee and how much effect it has on you. Caffeine is most widely consumed psychotic substance which is the main ingredient of coffee.
4 reasons coffee is good for you
- Coffee makes you lose weight: Coffee contains magnesium and potassium makes the body use insulin which stops you craving for sugary stuff.
- Coffee improves body activity: regulates the level of blood pressure and positively affects blood vessels. Coffee is known as an excellent antioxidant that stimulates brain activity. It also activates the adrenaline hormones.
- Coffee reduces risk of cancer: One study has shown that coffee may decrease the risk of developing prostate cancer in men by 20 %, and endometrial cancer in women by 25 %. People in the test group drank four cups of coffee a day. Caffeine may also prevent developing of basal cell carcinoma, the most common type of skin cancer
- Coffee helps getting your moods better: Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and boosts production of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopa-mine, and nor adrenaline, which elevate your mood. Two cups of coffee a day prevents risk of suicide by 50%.
4 reasons is bad for you
- Reduces sleep: coffee intake takes a minimum of 8 hours to process so make sure you don’t take coffee at night as it disturbs sleep.
- During pregnancy: coffee intake during pregnancy must be reduced to one cup a day as big amounts of caffeine can cause abortions.
- Coffee for kids: studies show that kids of 4 to 7 years drinking coffee can lead to bed-wetting.
- Bad coffee can be toxic: Bad quality coffee can have a lot of impurities in it, which can cause sickness, headache or a general bad feeling. This can happen if your coffee is made from beans that have been over ripped or otherwise ruined. Even one ruined bean can make your cup toxic. If you invest and buy high quality,you don’t have to worry about this.